Boost the productivity of your system design teams via arKItect,
the first integrated platform allowing synchronization of contents rather than using unrelated documents & models.
KNOWLEDGE INSIDE will present an innovative approach for project modeling with TechnicAtome and Areva TA at the event on June 27th 2017 in Arcachon (France).
Established in 2006, the IGPSC Congress brings together in each edition between 100 and 120 participants, steadily increasing over the last 5 years.
It is intended for directors, project managers, company directors, sales managers, engineers who work in the engineering and management of industrial, technical and scientific projects within major industrial groups and PME/PMI too. It is also opened to academics and researchers.
The aim of the Congress is to create an event that allows industrialists and academics from different sectors to meet and share return on experience.
Our presentation : contribution of modeling to produce the project development plan of a complex system
See the program here
Authors : Christian Marie, Gilles Beuzelin, Samuel Boutin, Eric Nicole
Areva investigated a Model Based approach for setting up the Work Breakdown Structure of a nuclear plant project performed in collaboration with other key industrial partners of the energy domain.
Problems to be solved included:
- Manage collaboration between several industrial partners having their own processes, methods and approaches.
- Generate the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and Work Packages Descriptions (WPD) for the project.
Modeling benefits were:
- Convergence on a set of generic processes to be applied together with associated standard document types: specifications, justification, design, validation… documents.
- Quick production of WBS from the Product Breakdown Structure (PBS) (e.g. we issued a PBS with ~100 items and got a WBS with more than 100 Work Packages and 1000 documents and items) as a basis for cost analysis and planning.
- An objective and neutral support for project plan enabling more efficient collaboration
See our poster KI POSTER CSDM2016 PMO
Authors : Yann CHAZAL, Philippe TOUSSAINT, Do-Hieu TRINH
arKItect SEA, a Systems Engineering (SE) modeler has been used by Renault and Bouygues Energies & Services to manage SE processes of a Batteries for Buildings (B4B) system. B4B is a concept reusing batteries of electric vehicles (second life), as a storage facility for energy management and renewables integration. The project started in 2012, was completely new from many viewpoints: new partnership with actors using different processes; innovative product and service offer connected and evolutive including safety concerns.
In order to overcome these challenges we have established a common SE model addressing the SE process: managing all SE data in a modeler, managing data consistency (requirements allocations, functional and system architecture), generating all specification documents toward developers and suppliers, enabling safety analysis faithfully with SE model.
See our poster KI POSTER CSDM2016 B4B